A List of Satisfying Moments in Dramas
- The moment you watch Ji-Sung give a bad word of a villain some comeuppance is a satisfying moment
- Any moment you’re watching Ji-Sung act is satisfying, but it’s particularly so under these circumstances.
- Watching a cold-hearted hero open up to his cute nephew and niece is satisfying. Any cold hearted hero who’s beginning to open up inevitably satisfies the viewers.
- Watching Strong Woman Do Bong Soon is an extremely satisfying experience for a light feminist like myself.
- Perhaps “satisfied” doesn’t describe the dream sequence so much as “shocked and disturbed” but that was a scene worthy of producing noteworthy emotion in itself, so I thought I’d mention it here. Lol this show has so much sass.
- Coming forward about a past dark secret, even though it’s super, super hard, is also super satisfying. And relieving, and healing, and I’m glad K-dramas are starting to address some of these issues in society.
- Watching a super cute OTP normally satisfies a drama watcher, unless the show has spiraled beyond redemption… in which case it just makes them frustrated that the drama wasn’t better overall.
- The theme song to Kill Me Heal Me is such a satisfying sound, I could listen to it all day.
A List of Really Good Chinese Dramas
- Love Me If You Dare (be careful of really bad English swears in the first and last episodes, but other than that it’s an amazing Sherlock Holmes ride).
- Murphy’s Law of Love (cute fluff at it’s best. So much cute.)
- Mars (angsty, brooding, but done so well I loved it anyway. The fact the OTP could never stay broken up or apart for long probably helped. Working through it together is always a better option! Barring abusive situations, of course)
- General and I (As I haven’t finished this one yet I can’t say definitively… but the OTP is sooo good. And the epic plot–war on the scale of kingdoms, cat and mouse on individual vendettas… super fun)
- Down With Love (I hesitate to add this, since I’m not down with it yet [lol that pun just shouldn’t have been made] but I’ve loved what I’ve seen so far, so I’m leaving it on here.)
Drama Watched This Week (3/3-9)
Introverted Boss 13-14
Missing Nine 15
Strong Woman Do Bong Soon 3-4
Down With Love 1-2
Bungo Stray Dogs 8-24 (anime)
Man, I had too much free time this week… until next week!